3M Headquarter Community System
To reassert their brand idea – harnessing the chain reaction of ideas - within the physical space of their headquarters, 3M decided to provide a infrastructure that fosters collaboration and networking among each other. Together with architects Atelier Hitoshi Abe and Peter Ebner and Friends, GTG was commissioned to develop a technology infrastructure that provides ubiquitous access to the corporate knowledge and a platform for people to interact using the wealth of information available.
- In 2009, 3M started the headquarters transformation project “3M Community”
- It should affirm 3M’s identity by communicating the brand values to guest and employees
- An enlivened environment should promote connection and interaction between 3M employees while fostering community
A holistic system that complements the architectural space with the virtual information space of 3M
Implementing "cooperative building" through several physical media installations, all fed by one highly innovative digital media system
A socio-technical system for supporting and augmenting human communication, to realize an interactive information, cooperation and collaboration landscape
3M is a diversified technology company serving customers and communities with innovative products and services. The 3M Corporate Headquarters is located in St. Paul, Minnesota / U.S.A with 8.000 employees.
GTG ICS Backend System
connects all relevant data sources and transforms unstructured data into accessible and inspiring information.
- Six Collaboration Hubs, consisting of interactive surfaces (touch tables and touch walls) and display surfaces (soffits)
- The Exchange, a representative conference room with a 14x8.5 meter media wall and equipped with the Community System
- Mobile application for instant access to the system anywhere on the campus on the iPad